Here is the list of 5 significant advantages of having vinyl siding exterior for a home
Combined with high-tech plastic and modern manufacturing techniques, vinyl sidings have turned into an exceptionally durable and high-performing choice for cladding. The vinyl exterior is chosen for all new home constructions and this trend is increasing with time. Continue reading to find out more about the incredible advantages of vinyl exterior for your home.
Vinyl Siding Is Customizable And Versatile
- Over 350 colors of vinyl siding are certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute or VSI, for consumers. The vinyl siding is certified by VSI after independent testing of color retention and resistance to fading under extreme temperatures. Moreover, it is possible to place vinyl siding either horizontally or vertically, depending on the homeowner’s preference.
Siding comes in different types and patterns such as scallops, shingles, and fish scales. A traditional lap with overlapping strips that resemble wood siding is the commonly laid siding. This versatility of vinyl sidings makes them ideal for different home styles from temporary to vintage.
Vinyl Siding Is Stronger And Durable
- One of the most compelling vinyl siding benefits is its exceptional durability. Designed to withstand everything from hail to heavy winds, it guards against cracks, scratches, dents, and other damages. Unlike wood and aluminum options, vinyl siding is moisture resistant and prevents corrosion, rust, mold, and rot.
For even stronger protection in harsh winter weather, vinyl sidings are factory tested against brittleness in temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C. In most cases, vinyl siding comes with a lifetime warranty so claims can be conveniently backed up in case of issues.
Requires Little Maintenance And Upkeep
- When it comes to siding, vinyl needs little maintenance and cleaning. Regular cleaning and wiping with a cloth is all it takes to maintain the optimal appearance. There’s no denying that wood siding is beautiful. However, that beauty comes with a lasting commitment to maintenance as you spend summers painting or staining.
Similarly, aluminum siding also requires maintenance to avoid fading and rust. Vinyl siding is built to retain its color and fresh look with a UV-resistant design that prevents fading. That means your siding will look new, year after year with no extra effort on your part.
Cuts Down The Heating And Cooling Costs
- Well-insulated vinyl siding efficiently prevents loss of heat between wall studs in the exterior wall. This loss of heat is known as thermal bridging. Although most homes have insulations between the wall studs, sometimes the studs themselves begin to drop heat. Especially when they come in contact with an exterior siding.
Insulated vinyl sidings, on the other hand, place a blanket of protection over the studs thereby preventing heat loss. This is useful in keeping your home warm in winter and cool in summer. In this way, a considerable reduction in the cost of energy bills can be seen.
Overall Cost Of Installation Is Less
- The cost-effectiveness of vinyl sidings is another factor that makes them a popular choice for most homeowners. According to estimates, it costs $2500 to $ 8000 for about 1200 square feet of professionally installed vinyl siding.
Professionally installed wood siding, on the other hand, costs about $6000 to $10000 for the same area. If you are skilled enough to install the siding yourself, it further reduces the costs. With minimal maintenance requirements, vinyl tends to be an affordable siding option.
If you’re considering your siding options for your new home or want to remodel, contact Simple Home Improvements at 866-849-2599 or visit us in Totowa. Our experts will provide a free in-home estimate and offer guidance to help you make the best choice for your home.