Before choosing sidings for your house find out the different types of sidings
Sidings are used to cover the exterior of the house to increase its visual appeal and to protect the house from external environmental factors such as moisture and harsh temperature. Sidings have been popular among homeowners for the past few decades and offer a versatile option to decorate their houses. In the first installment of this article, we take a look at 5 types of sidings that every homeowner should use. Read about them below.
- LP smart side is a type of siding that is extremely durable. It is engineered hardwood, and manufacturers are offering up to to 50 years’ warranty on homes that have it installed. The company that finishes LP smart side sidings gives a lifetime guarantee to homeowners. This siding is not very popular among homeowners because of its high cost.
LP smart side siding can be painted easily, thus allowing homeowners to change the color of their houses after every few years. One key advantage of installing such a high-cost siding is that it increases the value of the house, no matter how old it may be. Thus, on the real estate market, these homes will always attract a higher price.
Everlast Composite Siding
- Everlast composite siding is made from crushed rock, polymer, and resins. It is a strong and sturdy siding that homeowners can expect to see in great shape for a very long time. Manufacturers have high confidence in this siding’s durability, that they offer a warranty for as long as you own the home.
Everlast composite siding has very limited color options, however, manufacturers provide an ability to have a variety of slap options on it. It is expected to be priced on the higher end, based on availability in the market.
Hardie Board Siding
- Hardie board siding is a type of siding that contains cement, and thus it is very durable. It is more durable than LP smart side siding, to the point that it can withstand anything thrown at it. It is also protected against harsh climatic conditions, thunderstorms, and strong winds. Homeowners can expect to be worry-free about siding replacements. It is more expensive than vinyl siding but offers a shorter warranty than an LP smart side siding.
Hardie board siding is painted in-house, thus ensuring consistency across the board. Manufacturers of this siding offer a 30-year warranty to homeowners, as well as a variety of color options to fit their taste.
- Vinyl siding is the most popular siding for homeowners because of its low price, durability, and versatile nature. It is less durable than the siding options mentioned above, but it is better than most wooden and board sidings that are available in the market. Vinyl sidings can get damaged by a baseball, flying objects, and strong hail.
Vinyl sidings can be painted to a variety of colors, are available in many textures, and styles. Vinyl sidings can have the appearance of any type of siding, and for most people, they look stunningly real. Most manufacturers offer a warranty of up to 30 years for vinyl siding.
Insulated Vinyl Siding
- Insulated vinyl sidings have insulation built right into the panels. These sidings can insulate the homeowners from both temperature and sound. Soundproof vinyl sidings are popular amongst homeowners that live near busy roads of the city center. Thermally insulated vinyl is used by homeowners that live in areas having harsh climatic conditions.
These vinyl sidings aren’t susceptible to damage from moisture and fungus, thus ensuring a high life span. These sidings are also available in a variety of color and texture options.
If you are confused about selecting the perfect siding for your home, then give us a call at 877-425-5518. We, at Simple Home Improvements, are a home renovation and siding specialist company operating in New Jersey. Our experts will visit your property and give you an excellent range of options depending upon your budget and requirements.