Discover 5 popular styles of kitchen windows that will enhance your home’s outlook and curb appeal
There are several different styles of kitchen windows available on the market. Picking the right one for your kitchen can be overwhelming. A window should not just be chosen for its design or operating style, its ability to function well in all environments is equally important. To help you choose the right kitchen window, we have compiled a list of the most popular styles.
- When turned on its side, the sliding window serves as a double-hung window. They are perfect for installation in the space above kitchen sinks and counters. They are super easy to open because they open on a sliding track. You can crack the window or open it all the way to have greater control of air circulation.
In addition, sliding windows optimize the view from your kitchen. Since they do not have any bars, they provide an uninterrupted landscape view. Moreover, sliding windows work well in different architectural styles, especially modern ones.
- Garden windows provide a perfect space if you love to grow your herbs. They extend past the façade of your home to give you a place to grow house plants. Garden windows have glass on every side, including the top, thus providing enough sunlight to grow herbs all year round.
Double Hung Windows
- Double-hung windows can be installed anywhere in a home, including the kitchen. They can be opened from the top or the bottom to allow better air circulation. The best thing about double-hung windows is that they give you a greater choice. They can be opened as little or as much as you want.
Open windows can pose a threat to households with young children. Children can easily open these windows when no one is looking. On the other hand, double-hung windows are safer if you have children. This is because they have two sets of latches on each side that do not allow the window to open beyond 3 to 5 inches.
- Casement windows are best for an open look with more ventilation. They open outwards on a crank and allow you to control the airflow in your kitchen. The optimal ventilation prevents your kitchen from being overheated. In addition, they allow abundant sunlight to enter your kitchen, thus making it bright and fresh.
Furthermore, casement windows are easy to open and close, even in small spaces. This makes them a popular option for the space above the kitchen sink. You can enjoy the expansive view of your backyard right from your kitchen. Casement windows are a sleek and beautiful option for all types of kitchens.
- A pass-through window is ideally installed if you have a patio directly outside the kitchen wall. Pass-through windows make it convenient to pass out drinks, food, cutlery, and other stuff for a backyard BBQ. They are easy to open and close and serve as a shortcut for exchanging items from inside the kitchen to the outside.
They are perfect for houses where a wall separates the cooking place and dining areas. Casement windows allow you to pass food and dishes to the table. They can either be made like single-hung or accordion windows.
If you are looking for high-quality, affordable kitchen windows installed by top-tier window installers, your best bet is to go with a local window company such as Simple Home Improvements. We are a professional team that provides window and door installation services in Totowa, NJ. Our team is well-equipped to handle all your issues.