An entry door is the home’s first line of defense against the elements and intruders, as well as an important part of curb appeal. However, with age and damage, your front door may become less secure than it once was. How can you tell if your door is still up to the task of protecting your home? The Simple Home Improvement team offers a few easy ways to determine whether your front door needs replacement.
1. The Front Door Is Dented, Cracked, Rotted, or Warped.
- It’s easy for wood and steel entry doors to accumulate dents, cracks, and other damage. Excessive moisture can also cause rot or rust. And in addition to being unsightly, this damage can weaken the door. If your door shows any of these problems, it’s a good time to consider a fiberglass entry door that resists water, warping, impacts, and more.
2. The Door Jamb or Frame Is Damaged.
- The door jamb and frame are essential for keeping your entry door in place and ensuring it opens and closes properly. When damaged, these components make it easier for intruders to strong-arm their way inside. Every entry door provided by Simple Home Improvements includes primed wood jambs and steel frames, so you can rest assured that your door will work properly for years to come.
3. Locks No Longer Function Properly.
- If you’re struggling with sticky locks, it’s a good sign your front door should be replaced. Not only are malfunctioning locks a hassle, but you may find it difficult to tell when the door is locked. In some cases, you can simply replace the locks. However, if the door shows other signs of damage, it’s a good time to opt for front door replacement.
4. You Feel a Draft or Cold Spots.
- Feeling drafts or cold spots? This can indicate your door doesn’t fit properly or that its insulation isn’t up to par. Far from a minor annoyance, a door that lets in cold air can contribute to higher utility bills each month. When your door no longer keeps out the winter chill, it’s time to replace it with a model that features an energy-efficient core to help maintain your home’s temperature.
Front Door Replacement in Totowa, NJ
If any of the signs above apply to your entry door, it’s time to seek a high-quality replacement from Simple Home Improvements. Contact us today to learn more about our door replacement services, and be sure to check out our customer reviews to learn more about our dedication to your satisfaction. For more information, call .