Learn here what are 6 alarming signs when your front door needs replacement
With garage entries and side doors, people do not use their front doors as much. But being a homeowner means that you have to remain well aware of the little details. To make your home safer and more energy efficient it is good to be aware of the warning signs that indicate your front door needs replacement. Read below to learn more.
The Door Gets Stuck While Opening And Closing
- If your door gets stuck too often and you have trouble opening and closing it, it is one of the main signs that indicate you need to replace your front door. If the door is no longer being useful and becomes more of a burden it is perhaps time to replace it. When you have to apply force while opening and closing your door, the struggle will create further damage.
If your front door is no longer serving its purpose it is important to get it replaced by a licensed door replacement company. The professional contractors will handle the work properly for you.
It Is Cracked And Warped
- Like any other fixture in a home, the front doors also undergo wear and tear over time. Due to age and constant exposure to unfavorable conditions, front doors are liable to issues like cracking, warping, peeling, and falling apart. Wood doors are especially prone to cracking and warping since they have seen years and years of expansion and contraction over so many winters and summers.
In extreme conditions, wood doors may end up developing stress fractures in the grains of wood. When this happens insides of your home are exposed to outside elements which reduce the energy efficiency of a home.
Chilly Drafts Through The Door
- Old and worn-out front doors will cause the homeowners to experience chilly drafts in their homes. If this is something you are dealing with, the energy efficiency of your home is compromised.
You will notice a significant increase in your energy bills, notably in fall and winter. Therefore it is important to keep track of the comfort levels in your home. If you notice higher energy bills do not hesitate to replace your front door.
Your Door Has Run Out Of Style
- The best time to replace your door is when your door looks old and outdated such that it does not match with the aesthetics of your newly renovated home. Switching your outdated door with a modern one will bring additional value to your home.
That will help you big time when you put your home up for sale. Because curb appeal is a significant factor when it comes to selling a house.
The Door Has Sustained Significant Damage
- Rains, storms, hailing, and other problems can sometimes lead to insurmountable damage to your front door. If this happens, the best thing to do is to make sure you get your front door fixed.
This is because rust and ding on a door affect the structural integrity of the door. Therefore it is best to replace your rusted, dingy, and worn-out door with a new one to make sure it is solid enough to deal with the harsh weather conditions.
There Are Signs Of Insect Damage
- If insects and pests are residing inside your door, you will soon need to replace your front door. Termites and other insects cause significant and often irreparable damage to the wooden doors. You will not only need to replace your door but also get pest control and restoration to prevent damage to other wooden structures inside your home. Consult with a professional contractor to get the help your need.
If you’re ready to update the look of your home with a brand new front door, contact Simple Home Improvements today. We’ll explain all your options and provide a free estimate to help you get started. For more information, call 877-425-5518 or visit us in Totowa, NJ.