Read below the benefits of installing fiberglass doors in your home
The introduction of fiberglass doors dates back to the 1980s. The use and popularity of fiberglass doors have increased ever since. They are an excellent choice for homeowners because of their durability and ability to withstand all types of weather conditions.
Benefits Of Fiberglass Doors
- Fiberglass doors make an attractive choice for both interior doors and exterior doors. They can be painted to coordinate with the walls and trims of the home, thereby enhancing the overall look and feel of the home. Here are some more advantages of fiberglass doors.
Strength And Durability
- Every homeowner wants to install a door that is attractive, strong, and offers maximum insulation and security. Fiberglass doors are designed such that they continue to do all of this for a long time without cracking and deforming. They have been popular since ancient times because of their durability. Fiberglass entry doors look like traditional wood-style doors that most homeowners want.
They can stand the test of time without succumbing to extreme weather conditions. This makes them a great choice for all sorts of interior and exterior doors. They require low maintenance and are resistant to scratches and dents.
Enhance The Curb Appeal
- Because of the advanced design techniques, fiberglass doors provide the appearance of wooden doors. They are available in a variety of attractive designs, styles, and colors that are easier to match with home’s design. Fiberglass doors can significantly boost the curb appeal of your home.
In addition, fiberglass doors are also popular for their versatility. They can be found in any finish and can be built to fit any door opening. They give the appearance of wood-like grains. It only takes a keen eye to distinguish them from wood doors. They are a wonderful option for those looking for a traditional-style door.
- Another plus point about fiberglass doors is their easier maintenance. Wiping them down with an all-purpose door cleaner and periodic cleaning is enough to keep them looking their best. It is not necessary to paint them for protection as they are resistant to abrasion. However, the exterior doors can be painted to match with the interior or for enhancing the aesthetic appeal of the home.
They can endure extreme cold and hot temperatures without deterioration, therefore, they are great for exterior doors. Wood doors, on the other hand, are vulnerable to damage caused by moisture and heat.
Provide Great Security
- Fiberglass doors are sturdy enough to provide double the screw holding strength of a wooden door. They are exceptionally strong and can handle a great deal of impact without breaking. They are difficult to knock in and provide the homeowners with high-quality security features.
A variety of lock types can be added to boost security. They are known for their ability to offer better protection when compared to other door options.
Insulation And Warranty
- The insulation properties of fiberglass doors help in protecting against outside elements. With fiberglass doors, the chances of air leaks and heat transfer are little to zero. They are an energy-efficient option that can allow you to save overall energy costs. Moreover, fiberglass doors can be used as patio doors to provide a full view of the yard.
Fiberglass doors are known for their smooth operation and are remarkably trouble-free. However, in case of an issue, they can be repaired under warranty since they have great warranties.
Whether you want something that matches the house or something that you love, the addition of fiberglass doors will refresh your home. If you’re ready to have a new fiberglass door installed in your home, contact Simple Home Improvements today. Call us at 866-849-2599 for a free estimate. We are located in Totowa, NJ.