Read below the 6 awesome advantages of double-hung windows
There are so many different types of windows on the market that picking the right one for your home can be overwhelming. However, when contemplating window replacement double-hung windows should be considered. Double-hung windows offer a wide range of benefits that makes them a popular choice for your home. Continue reading to find out more.
Ease Of Maintenance And Cleaning
- Among the most notable qualities of double-hung windows is their ease of cleaning and maintenance. The tilt-out sashes of double-hung windows make cleaning a seamless task. Both the inner and outer sides of the double-hung windows can be cleaned from inside the home. The ability of the windows to folding inwards allows you to clean both sides with minimal effort.
Some of the double-hung windows even have removable sashes. This eliminates the need for ladders or other dangerous items required to clean your windows from the outside. With regular cleaning, you can make your windows last quite a long time.
- One of the many benefits of double-hung windows is their superior ventilation. Double-hung windows are known for their ventilation capabilities and ability to control airflow. All you need to do is open both top and bottom sashes to let in cool air in order to achieve optimal ventilation.
When the warm indoor air is expelled out and replaced by fresh air, the quality of the indoor air is enhanced. This makes your home cool and comfortable naturally. If little ventilation is needed only one sash can be opened.
Support Window Additions
- Not all window types are the best fit for last-minute addition because of the way the windows open. Screens, A/C units, and other additions cannot be easily added to the windows that open to the side, crank out, or flip upward.
As double-hung windows can be slid up and down to open and close they won’t get in the way of any of these additions. Even the bulky A/C units can be easily installed in double-hung windows as they allow easy fitting. Moreover, double-hung windows also prevent pest infestations.
- Double-hung windows neither crank out nor do they project open. This eliminates the risk of accidents in areas with high-traffic areas such as walkways, decks, and patios.
They have a safe operation design and are fully lockable. This reduces the chances of intrusions and break-ins.
- Double-hung windows are not only great for ventilation and airflow but they also bring in a generous amount of natural light. Their energy efficiency can be further enhanced by choosing Low-E glass with gas fill or other such composite framing materials. This helps reduce energy expenses and allows you to save on energy bills.
- There are some styles of windows that only fit in certain rooms. Small spaces such as bathrooms and kitchens cannot fit larger windows.
Double-hung windows on the other hand are the most flexible style of windows that come in a variety of sizes and styles. These are generally compact and can fit in almost any room.
Choosing The Best Window
- The array of advanced window products currently available on the market can be confusing. It is therefore advisable to do your research on the types of windows that are likely to be the perfect fit for your home. When picking out suitable window styles for your home, double-hung windows are worth your consideration.
If you want to reap all of the above-mentioned benefits of double-hung windows, you will need to work with a reliable window installation company. Contact Simple Home Improvements for all sorts of affordable and reliable window replacement and installation services. Call us at 877-425-5518 we are located in New Jersey.