A Step By Step Guide To Cleaning Vinyl Sidings

Learn simple methods and tips for cleaning vinyl sidings

Adding sidings is the best way to hide all the imperfections of your house’s exterior. Vinyl sidings are most commonly used in the United States to renew the appearance of houses. Over time sidings become dull and less attractive due to dust, grease, stains, mold, or rust. This makes the whole house look dirty and unkempt. However, they can be made to look as good as new with proper cleaning and maintenance. From pesky stains to dirt and mildew everything can be cleaned to make your vinyl sidings look perfect once again. But it’s important to learn the proper steps that are required in cleaning vinyl sidings. So here is a step-by-step guide on how you can try different methods for cleaning vinyl sidings.

Right Time To Clean Vinyl Siding

It’s good to understand the signs that show your vinyl siding needs cleaning. If your siding shows the following signs, delay no further. It’s time to clean your vinyl siding.

  • You start to notice layers of dirt all over the siding
  • Grime has caked up on the siding and it’s not coming off easily
  • Siding has become dull and does not look as vibrant as when it was new

Vinyl sidings do not require maintenance or cleaning as frequently. Just clean it once or twice a year and you are good to go. Otherwise, mold will grow and make your house look rusty and old.

What Do You Need?

Keep the following tools on hand before you clean your siding.

  • Water hose
  • Vinegar
  • General-purpose cleaner
  • Cleaning brush

Steps Involved In Vinyl Sidings

Cleaning vinyl sidings is a simple process and does not require a pressure washer or other tools like that. All you need is the right materials and proper methods to make your home shine. The simple 3 step process is the best so far for cleaning vinyl sidings.

Step 1 Prepare A Cleaning Solution

  • cleaning vinyl sidingsWhat you require is an all-purpose cleaner and a bucket of warm water. Mix the cleaner in the water to form a solution. This solution is good for cleaning all sorts of dirt and grime. For removing mold and mildew make a solution with 70% water and the remaining 30% white vinegar.

You can also try a commercial cleaner. If you are concerned about the environment, eco-friendly options are also available in the market.

Step 2: Apply The Solution

  • Dry solutions can potentially stain vinyl sidings so keep that in mind before you start cleaning. Another tip is to clean the siding in segments. Cleaning in sections is a good way to prevent the solution from drying. Scrub and rinse a section then go to the next one. In areas with a thick layer of dirt or filth use a brush to cleanse properly.

Be careful not to use any abrasive materials. This keeps vinyl siding’s surface protected from damages. Start cleaning at the lower end of your siding then gradually move upwards towards the length.

Step 3: Wash Off The Solution

  • Once you are done applying the solution, it’s time to wash it clean. Be sure not to let the solution dry. Use a hose to rinse off the scrubbed debris from your vinyl siding. After you have finished doing all the steps, your house will look best in the neighborhood.

If you are interested in installing new sidings, Simple Home Improvements can help you reach your home remodeling dreams. We use high-quality material and thicker sidings to give your family extra protection. Call us at 877-425-5518 for all sorts of affordable and reliable home renovation services. We are located in New Jersey.

Like this article?

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Leave a comment

On Key

Related Posts