Here’s part 2 of our list of vinyl sidings for homes
Vinyl sidings are selling like hotcakes all across the US due to their amazing advantages, low cost, and low maintenance. In our second installment, we take a look at 6 types of vinyl sidings that are bound to make your home look absolutely stunning. Read about them below.
Board & Batten
- This type of siding has the widest planks, of almost 12” in width. They are also known as barn siding, as this type of siding is mostly seen in barn houses especially in the countryside.
This siding can be installed both vertically and horizontally, however, the majority of the houses have them installed vertically. They provide a great shadow line appearance and are highly durable. They can be painted according to the color scheme of the house.
- Before vinyl sidings were introduced, cedar shake sidings were made by hand. These were very popular as they had a rough yet unique look. After chopping a cedar log lengthwise, wedge-shaped sections are obtained. These are then directly installed on the exterior of the house.
One key benefit of using a cedar shake vinyl siding is that the color and texture of the siding do not fade with weathering and aging. These sidings come in a variety of color and texture options, so you can select according to your taste. They are resistant to water and environmental damage, thus last twice as long as a real cedar siding.
Traditional Straight Edge Shake
- The traditional straight edge shake siding is installed overlapping one another. They have prominent shadow lines. The edges of the siding are straight and symmetric.
This siding comes in a variety of texture and color options, depending on the homeowner’s needs. No matter what texture style is on the siding, the plank’s edges are even and straight.
Log Vinyl Siding
- It is a well-known fact that the most elegant and exquisite look can be achieved with a log cabin. However, log cabins are very expensive to construct and even costlier to maintain. Vinyl sidings that look like log sidings are very popular since they require a fraction of the cost.
Vinyl log sidings are available in a variety of wood grain styles and in different colors. They are also available in texture options which gives off a polished wood feel. These sidings do not fade and last a very long time. Mold, insects, and moisture will not damage a log vinyl siding.
Hand Split Staggered- Edge Shake
- Hand split staggered-edge shake siding is most similar to traditional straight edge shake siding. These appear as hand-split shingles, offering a very prominent shadow line.
While it may appear that this siding is installed one piece at a time, however, they are available as a single sheet. This helps to lower cost and installation time. They are available in a variety of customizable options.
Fish Scale Siding
- Fish scale siding is also known as half-round scalloped siding. These appear as half-round shingles and are perfect for installation in gables. Generally, these are installed in specific portions of the house instead of the entire exterior.
Vinyl sidings, due to their excellent advantages, are also available as half-round scalloped sidings. Most homeowners prefer treating this siding with a low gloss finish, to make it look more appealing.
There are a lot of vinyl siding options available in the market and selecting the right one for your home can be a daunting task. Call us at 866-849-2599 and our specialists will inspect your property to give you the best advice. We, at Simple Home Improvements, are a house repair and renovation company working in New Jersey. Let our experience help you make the best decision for your house’s siding.